Welcome
Welcome to solorpgs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Solo Gaming Appreciation Month 2016: Trollbabe actual play

Tell us about your adventures!

Scene 6

Postby AlexYari » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:39 pm

Stuff in brackets is either original output from the iOS app that I've reinterpreted & massaged, or short OOC commenting by me.

scene 6

she had been ordered to come to the prison voluntarily to stay until the [Inquisition] magistrates could hear her account.

it had been one day already.​ They came back yesterday afternoon, after they had made inquiries.​ [The man whom all men hated would be the case listen, ] The magistrate who would hear her case was a man named Skarr who, from what she could gather while listening to the guards talk, everyone hated.

it had been arranged that she would be tried without delay. this meant first thing in the morning.​ Joss was once more charged with transporting her as before, except the destination this time would be the magistrate's court.

He had been [waiting] guarding her since yesterday evening [ at my side] just outside her cell.​ [Noel] Joss looked very serious as always.​

[OK, I'm tired of this dude's overly stuck up nature. I'm going to make him laugh and get him to start talking to me about this town's going ons, including what his deal is with Lord Ingald]

Got a 10!]

Greta tells him, "What do you call a troll with a potato in each ear?" Of course, he maintains the same silence he has each time Greta talks to him. Nevertheless she delivers the silly punch line, "Anything you want as he can't hear you!"

[I believe, given my goal, that the "GM" needs to at least give me an inkling of how Joss feels about Kraft Keep's leader and why]

He glanced back at her with astonishment.​ But then he began a low chuckle that erupted into laughter.​ [Noel]Joss shook his head and smiled at her.​ His gaze lingered on her face and his face flushed.​

: (from stack):
They passed in silence beneath a broken window on a charred home.​ she finally asked him how he felt about Lord Ingald.

He told her couldn't help but notice that Lord Ingald was not a pleasant man.​ He was no stranger to depravity.​

"Are you the only one who feels that way?"

"Come on, all that is irrelevant.​ He gets what he wants because he is [God ] Lord of Kragg Keep. it's something we can't change."

"Why?"

[Noel] Joss said she was off her mind if she thought that (he) Lord Ingald could be [adjusted] changed.

"Overthrow him, then."

[I'm going to pretend that no such things were crawling out of her mouth ]

"I'll pretend no such words came out of your mouth."

Greta decided to drop the matter, at least for the present . It sounded to be like Joss had some sort of sense of duty towards Lord Ingald. She couldn't fathom why, given how Joss personally felt about the man. Maybe it was just blind adherence to some code. Boys could be dumb that way, she thought as she quietly rolled her eyes.
Last edited by AlexYari on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

History log for scene 6

Postby AlexYari » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 pm


******************HISTORY LOG******************

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:She was alone in the [room] cell, which was covered with blood.​ She had allowed herself to be taken there by [Noel's] Lord Ingald's guards, such was her confidence of being able to use violence to get away if needed.​

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
she had been told to come to the prison voluntarily to stay until the [Inquisition] magistrates could hear her account.

What is the most plausible worst case scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:She did so, feeling confident that she could resort to violence to get out of danger if things fot out of hand.

She was taken to [Mr.​ pick a list name: skarr] magistrate Skarr after one day.​ [tool did not indicate any event the previous night.​ ], who [is ] was not very pleasant.​ Thw magistrate expressed great sympathy for [Sophia] Hilde.​ The inn-keeper provided plenty of [feeling] tears with horror stories about [ me ] Greta, which were made up.​

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
it had been one day aleeady.​ They came back yesterday afternoon, after they had made inquiries.​ [The man whom all men hated would be the case listen, ] The magistrate, a man named Skarr who everyone hated, from what she could gather while listening to the guards, would be the one to listen to her case.

What is the most plausible worst case scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:That evening Noel made her a present of wine.​ Greta found it a nice gesture, and asked him if he did that for every prisoner.
[Noel has not yet made that blunder, but they don't see so he did it with her.​ ] Joss, in a self deprecating manner, says "I have not been this foolish before, but my comrades won't see this, so I took my chances with you"

What is the most plausible worst case scenario, event or response that could follow?
It had been arranged for her that the person who was going to see her would soon do it.​ this meant first thing in the morning.​ Noel entered the cell and returned with her to deliver her to her fate at the magistrate's court.​

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:Noel looked very much discomposed.​ But he was evidently reluctant to say anything.​

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
He had been [waiting] guarding her since yesterday evening [ at my side] just outside her cell.​ Noel looked very serious.​

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:slowly and despite trying desperately not to Joss gradually loses his composure and begins to laugh uncontrollably.​ He sounded like a duck.​

Greta winced a little at hearing such an odd laugh come out of someone so attractive.

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
He looked back at her with astonishment.​ But then he began a low chuckle that erupted into laughter.​ Noel shook his head and smiled at her.​ His gaze lingered on her face and flushed.​

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:They passed beneath a burned-out home with a broken window in silence.​ she finally asked him how he felt about Lord Ingald.

He couldn't help but notice that he was not a pleasant man.​ The man was no stranger to depravity.​

What is the most plausible worst case scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:He was looking straight ahead and zoned out.​ Greta finally asked him if he would tell her how he felt about Lord Ingald.​ He took his time before answering.​

The man didn't have much of a head, he thought.​ "He's a baby, and I've carried the burden of him for many years.​ "

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:They went through some traffic of people who were waiting for the street vendors.​ Soon they left the crowd behind and Greta finally asked him if he would tell her how he felt about Lord Ingald.​

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
(from stack):
They passed beneath a burned-out home with a broken window in silence.​ she finally asked him how he felt about Lord Ingald.

He couldn't help but notice that he was not a pleasant man.​ The man was no stranger to depravity.​

What is the most plausible best case scenario, event or response that could follow?
"Are you the only one who feels that way?"

"Come on, all that has nothing to do with it.​ He gets what he wants.​ because he is [God ] Lord of Kraft keep. it's something we can't change."

"Why?"

[Noel] Joss said she was crazy if she thought that (he) Lord Ingald could be [adjusted] changed.

What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
"Topple him."

[I'm going to pretend that no such things were crawling out of her mouth ]

"I'll pretend no such words came out of your mouth."

AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

scene 7

Postby AlexYari » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 am

I tried yet another different approach this time. While the prompting oracle's prompts were sort of superfluous to have with the iOS app, I still wanted that second level of randomness to keep things as unpredictable as possible. I took the code from http://www.evilgenius.org.nz/blackmagic.html and re-purposed it to have a history log and also an answer stack that will automatically choose a result after two 'No' responses. I let the iOS app write the responses and then I rate how likely I think they are to happen with the normal mythic gme process.

In addition to that, I also decided to try a technique that I came up with when musing to myself (though I'm not sure if someone else has been using it and I haven't seen it). Basically, I ask questions to an Oracle as usual, except I pretend my PC is telling a story, and the Oracle is the audience. I always ask those questions in character as if the character is breaking the 4th wall. I have to say this sort of helps my immersion a lot and it's easier to use than the iOS app. Still, I want to use it in select places as I'm not sure if too much use would hurt my immersion.

Anyway, for Scene 7, the adventure took a bit of a slow burn romance and court drama direction, with some of the same humor that seemed to imply itself regarding Lord Ingald. It's a bit wacky, but it somehow feels right.

Scene 7

[fat fingers deleted app output] Joss has a glum countenance. Greta imagined that he took no pleasure in delivering her to be judged and sentenced.
[somewhat likely that he would actually SHOW that emotion, as he seems very stoic]
Odds: 16/80/97
Result: 27 -- Yes

[He had to take it away irritably. ] There was a curious crowd outside the building and he found himself forced to push some of them away.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 17 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[She was already in the building, suspended on a table beside her, barely contained rage. ] Hilde was already inside, sitting around by a table looking furious.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 12 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[It felt like she might actually cry. ] it seemed as if she could actually cry tears of rage.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 74 -- Yes

The other members of the congregation rose to their feet to stare at [her] Greta.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 53 -- Yes

[Noel] Joss took her arm gently touched and walked her silently to her [side] assigned table.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 35 -- Yes

[He looked into my eyes—and realized he was staring. Noel asked her whether she did. ] Before leaving her at the table, Joss looked directly into Greta's eyes. He realized he was staring and blushed hotly again. After a moment, He asked her whether she had stolen Hilde's money.
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 41 -- Yes

"No, I did not...do you think I did?"

[Noel had a great desire to help her out. But he would never forgive her if she was not tell Noel the truth. ]

"I have a great desire to help you. I will not ever forgive you if you're lying to me, Greta," he whispered.

[swoon!]
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 56 -- Yes

Greta swooned inside. She could almost kiss him, if it wouldn't have gotten him in trouble.

"Let's wait to see what comes of this trial. I have something to tell you, which might not surprise you, but I want to hear what Hilde's has to say. Is she trustworthy?"

[new rule: in character questions to Oracle allowed. Seems natural.

From way back when Joss introduced her to Hilde, it would seem like he'd think her to be trustworthy. So odds are very likely.]

Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 3 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

He thinks she's above reproach. I'll let the iOS app explain it.]

[He was simply not possible for her to speak badly of her unless she didn't think it was real. ]
"She would never talk ill of someone unless it was deserved."

"Then someone is deceiving her."

[Eventually the whole people were brought to keep silent. ]

Eventually the mass was ordered to silence by Skarr, who arrived at the [work ] trial late.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 55 -- Yes
RANDOM EVENT: NPC negative -- Expose/Competition

[expose your motives for the homies]

Skarr starts by asking Hilde to explain why she is in there today.

[ Competition catch my eye cause i'm a big heart. i see you go to bed late but then you went away quickly ]
"I agreed to help her because she needed a safe place to stay that night and I'm a big softie." Then, talking directly to Greta, she said angrily: "I saw you go to bed late after you had paid rounds for a table. I was up early to wake you up so you wouldn't make Joss wait, and you were already gone!"
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 19 -- Yes

"I'm sorry Hilde, but I tried to chase an intruder that invaded my room." Dammit, she did not remember paying her tab or her room. "I was very agitated and I forgot about what I owed you."

But the words aren't enough. They all seemed rather angry.

"I would have come back after realizing it!" She protested.

Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 66 -- Yes

[You have some serious consequences. You then fancy that you would become acquainted with my place, and imagine you'd steal, and did so. ]

Magistrate Skarr addressed Greta thus: "You fancied once Hilde was asleep, you'd take a look around her place seeking something to steal. And you did! now You are facing grievous punishment. "
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 77 -- Yes

"I did not steal anything." Then turning to Hilde, "What makes you think I did?"

[You must have something to do, I knew the moment she slipped away. ]

"You must have had some relation with the missing money." Then to Skarr, "I knew it the minute she had slipped away without paying."

Greta was compelled to admit to herself that she had blundered and made herself look suspicious. Yet, anyone inside the inn could have stolen the money.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 24 -- Yes

Greta asked, "did you search the other guests? Their rooms?"

[The old soldier came quickly to join the search. ]

"Old Rolf searched and interrogated everyone who had been at the inn that night just as soon as I alerted the guards."


Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 70 -- Yes

Dammit, Greta thought. It must have been Ingald. He was the only person in the Inn who wasn't supposed to be there. But why would a Lord of a city steal money from a two bit inn? Would you believe me if I told you he was a kleptomanic peeping tom?

[trying a new immersive oracle technique where the PC breaks the 4th wall and talks to an imaginary audience represented by the oracle. Could be fun to try this with an actual audience.

Odds are likely that Ingald is kleptomanic as well as a pervert, given that Joss had said he was no stranger to depravity]
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 18 -- Yes

[The fake audience of this story believes me, and I hope whoever is reading believes this ridiculousness too!]

[Do I dare drop the Ingald bomb on the crowd at this moment?

Oh, yes. Yes I do dare."

"Wait, listen!" Greta commanded. "You all need to know something about that night. There was another guest lurking in the inn, unbeknownst to me and everyone at the inn. Specifically, I discovered him inside MY room."

They all looked at [me] her incredulously.

"Yes. It's true. And it was Lord Ingald."

_When she mentioned his name_ half of the [world] crowd appeared to doubt it. The other half believed [you] her.

[I'd say odds are unlikely anyone besides Joss would believe her, so odds Unlikely.]
Odds: 10/50/91
Result: 15 -- Yes

[Half of them do indeed believe her.]

[As Greta:] Would you, dear listener, believe me that they started arguing among each other? [Odds seem very likely, given how divided they seem.]
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 60 – Yes

[They do start to argue.]

[As Greta:] And, you might think it too much, but would you have guessed that a brawl soon started between the members of the crowd over what I just said? [Given how bloody they are, it doesn't seem too unlikely. I give it 50/50 odds]
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 77 – No

[As Greta:] Well, no, it wasn’t that bad, but it was heated.

[Meanwhile, the magistrate ordered the guards to have Miss Sophia (Greta) accompanied to the station (prison)]

In the midst of the disorder, magistrate Skarr ordered Joss to escort Greta back to the prison.

Then he adjourned until [they] the crowd were brought under control.


Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 21 -- Yes
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

History log for Scene 7

Postby AlexYari » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:40 am

The history log with the more traditional oracle doesn't diverge much from the actual events log since there were a whole lot less rejected entries due to the positive odds that implied themselves to me with each CreativeWriter suggestion. It's still here for your perusal.



What is the most logical scenario, event or response that could follow?
REJECTED:[She glanced at the wall looming ahead. ] She could see the walls of the magistrates' building looming ahead and [Noel held her hand descend from the saddle] Joss held her hand as she stepped down from the saddle once they were just outside the court.

[fat fingers deleted app output] Joss has a glum countenance. Greta imagined that he took no pleasure in delivering her to be judged and sentenced.
[somewhat likely that he would actually SHOW that emotion, as he seems very stoic]
Odds: 16/80/97
Result: 27 -- Yes

[He had to take it away irritably. ] There was a curious crowd outside the building and he had to push some of them away.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 17 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[She was already in the building, suspended on a table beside her, barely contained rage. ] hilde was already inside, hanging out by a table looking very angry.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 12 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[It felt like she might actually cry. ] it seemed like she could actually cry tears of rage.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 74 -- Yes

The other members of the congregation rose up to look over at [her] Greta.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 53 -- Yes

She could feel their eyes fixed on her, fascinated.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 97 -- No

Noel took her arm gently touched and walked her silently to her [side] assigned table.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 35 -- Yes

[He looked into my eyes—and realized he was staring. Noel asked her whether she did. ] Before leaving her at the table, Joss looked into Greta's eyes. He realized he was staring and went red again. After a moment, He asked her whether she had stolen Hilde's money.
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 41 -- Yes

"No, I did not...do you think I did?"

[Noel had a great desire to help her out. But he would never forgive her if she was not tell Noel the truth. ]

"I have a great desire to help you. I will not ever forgive you if you're lying to me, Greta," he whispered.

[swoon!]
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 56 -- Yes

Greta swooned inside. She could almost kiss him, if it wouldn't have gotten him in trouble.

"Let's wait to see what comes of this trial. I have something to tell you, which might not surprise you, but I want to hear what Hilde's has to say. Is she trustworthy?"

[new rule: in character questions to Oracle allowed. Seems natural.

From way back when Joss introduced her to Hilde, it would seem like he'd think her to be trustworthy. So odds are very likely.]


Odds: 10/50/91
Result: 73 -- No

[I did this one again because I forgot to set the odds to 'very likely' in the oracle.]

Greta swooned inside. She could almost kiss him, if it wouldn't have gotten him in trouble.

"Let's wait to see what comes of this trial. I have something to tell you, which might not surprise you, but I want to hear what Hilde's has to say. Is she trustworthy?"

[new rule: in character questions to Oracle allowed. Seems natural.

From way back when Joss introduced her to Hilde, it would seem like he'd think her to be trustworthy. So odds are very likely.]

Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 3 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[He thinks she's above reproach. I'll let the iOS app explain it.]

[He was simply not possible for her to speak badly of her unless she didn't think it was real. ]
"She would never talk I'll of someone unless it was deserved."

"Then someone is deceiving her."

[Eventually the whole people were brought to keep silent. ]

Eventually the crowd was ordered to silence by Skarr, who got to the [work ] late.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 55 -- Yes
RANDOM EVENT: NPC negative -- Expose/Competition

[expose your motives for the homies]

Skarr begins by asking Hilde to explain why she is there today.

[ Competition catch my eye cause i'm a big heart. i see you go to bed late but then you went away quickly ]
"I agreed to help her because she needed a safe place to stay that night and I'm a big softie." Then, talking directly to Greta, she said angrily: "I saw you go to bed late after you had paid rounds for a table. I was up early to wake you up so you wouldn't make Joss wait, and you were already gone!"
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 19 -- Yes

"I'm sorry Hilde, but I was trying to chase an intruder that invaded my room." Dammit, she did not remember paying her tab or her room. "I was very agitated and I forgot about what I owed you."

[but the words aren't enough. They all seemed rather angry. ]

"I would have come back after realizing it!" She protested.

Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 66 -- Yes

[You have some serious consequences. You then fancy that you would become acquainted with my place, and imagine you'd steal, and did so. ]

Magistrate Skarr addressed Greta thus: "You fancied that once Hilde was asleep, you'd look around her place looking for something to steal. And you did! now You are facing grievous punishment. "
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 77 -- Yes

"I did not steal anything." Then turning to Hilde, "What makes you think I did?"

[You must have something to do, I knew the moment she slipped away. ]

"You must have had something to do with the missing money." Then to Skarr, "I knew it the minute she had slipped away without paying."

Greta had to admit she blundered and made herself look suspicious. Yet, anyone inside the inn could have stolen the money.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 24 -- Yes

Greta asked, "did you search the other guests? Their rooms?"

[The old soldier came quickly to join the search. ]

"Old Rolf searched and interrogated everyone who was there as soon as I sent word."


Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 70 -- Yes

Dammit, Greta thought. It must have been Ingald. He was the only person in the Inn who wasn't supposed to be there. But why would a Lord of a city steal money from a two bit inn? Would you believe me if I told you he was a kleptomanic peeping tom?

[trying a new immersive oracle technique where the PC breaks the 4th wall and talks to an imaginary audience represented by the oracle. Could be fun to try this with an actual audience.

Odds are likely that Ingald is kleptomanic as well as a pervert, given that Joss had said he was no stranger to depravity]
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 18 -- Yes

[The fake audience of this story believes me, and I hope whoever is reading believes this ridiculousness too!]

[As we looked at her in open anger ]

They all looked at her with open contempt.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 12 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[building on the exceptional yes and this city's penchant for harsh justice CreativeWriter and I lead each other to this possible response:]
They were soon chattering about bringing the thief to be drawn and quartered at once.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 41 -- Yes

[bloody crowd this one!]

[Do I dare drop the Ingald bomb on the crowd at this moment?

Oh, yes. Yes I do dare."

"Wait, listen!" Greta commanded. "You all need to know something about that night. There was another guest lurking in the inn, unbeknownst to me and everyone at the inn. Specifically, I discovered him inside MY room."

They all looked at [me] her incredulously.

"Yes. It's true. And it was Lord Ingald."

_When she mentioned his name_ half of the [world] crowd appeared to doubt it. The other half believed [you] her.

[I'd say odds are unlikely anyone besides Joss would believe her, so odds Unlikely.]
Odds: 10/50/91
Result: 15 – Yes

[Half of them do indeed believe her.]

[As Greta:] Would you, dear listener, believe me that they started arguing among each other? [Odds seem very likely, given how divided they seem.]
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 60 – Yes

[They do start to argue.]

[As Greta:] And, you might think it too much, but would you have guessed that a brawl soon started between the members of the crowd over what I just said? [Given how bloody they are, it doesn't seem too unlikely. I give it 50/50 odds]
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 77 – No

[As Greta:] Well, no, it wasn’t that bad, but it was heated.

[Meanwhile, the magistrate ordered the guards to have Miss Sophia (Greta) accompanied to the station (prison)]

In the midst of the disorder, magistrate Skarr ordered Joss to escort Greta back to the prison.

Then he adjourned until [they] the crowd were brought under control.


Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 21 -- Yes
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 8 (No History Log this time)

Postby AlexYari » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:34 pm

This time due to not being able to use my mobile phone, I decided to use [url="http://solorpggamer.blogspot.com/2015/09/writingwithdice-reframing-act-of-solo.html"]#writingwithdice[/url] straight, which meant looking at the Principles and writing according to them. I did not have occasion to really play with the Principle/Fluff dichotomy. Except for purposefully treating Skarr as if he was still in the embryonic idea stage (so that I interacted with him or the idea of him by trying a Social Conflict). I have the market that Joss and Greta passed earlier marked as a Fluff/Embryonic Idea piece that I can’t write about until I interact with the idea mechanically (somehow).

I have to be honest…while #writingwithdice was more enjoyable to me than using paper and dice oracles, it can’t beat the automated oracles + predictive text combinations I’ve tried lately. At least not by itself. I still do like that it makes me focus on the setting via the Principles, such that I was able to bring in that aspect of how humans may react to Trollbabes. I’d like to find a way to reconciled that with letting the predictive text apps lead.

One thing, though, #writingwithdice did in a pinch when I wasn’t able to use the electronic tools.
____________________________

Fergus was amongst those in the sympathetic court crowd. He had come to visit Greta at the prison after Joss had taken her back. According to Fergus, some people were arguing that the revelation about Lord Ingald could not be true because she was part troll. Some thought it was too scandalous to be true.

Joss is considering just helping her escape as he doesn’t want her to be put to death. Greta doesn’t want that as she doesn’t want him to take that risk. She decides to send a message to magistrate Skarr to convince him to have a private hearing at the court with her so she can explain in full what happened. [Social conflict with the goal of obtaining the private meeting. She fails badly with a ‘1’. She is inconvenienced.] She is told that Skarr considered her request ridiculous.

She attempts a magic ritual to obtain some incontrovertible evidence that would implicate Lord Ingald as having been in the Lands End Inn. [Magic conflict with goal just stated. It failed with a 1 again. Inconvenienced. ] As she is concentrating hard and beginning to work her magic, Joss comes over to get her, which interrupts her concentration [that’s how she was inconvenienced]. Unfortunately there is no more time [and I’m not going to re-roll].

She’s back at the court and now the crowd is back under control. Greta is asked if she is still sticking to her story. She is. Then she is asked to provide evidence. She has no direct evidence, but she can describe what he looks like, and sounds like. Why would she know that unless she had interacted with him? [Social conflict. To convince everyone there that Lord Ingald indeed had been in her room. An 8, just barely.] In her humorous way [she is Social (fun) in her stats], she describes all that had happened. Some of the people chuckle, including Skarr, though in a sort of embarrassed for Lord Ingald way. It is a juicy bit of gossip.

No one in the court dared to call the Lord of Kragg Keep a thief, though. Skarr himself says that even though her tale of how Lord Ingald had been at the Inn, in her room, it did not mean he had stolen anything. [ as an aside, I had established via the oracle in Scene 7 that Ingald was a kleptomaniac pervert, so Greta the character knows something I don’t that convinced her of this, but it hasn’t happened yet.] And it was still a fact that she had sneaked out of the Inn and was on her way out of the city without paying or letting anyone know.

She hated doing this, it revolted her, but it was the only way she knew of getting out of this jam without laying anyone out: “OK, I didn’t want to admit this as it isn’t anyone’s business. Lord Ingald was in my room because we were having a tryst. We had gone out for a walk afterwards when we saw Joss approaching. Lord Ingald had to hide himself and I had to go along with the orders Joss was given... “[Goal: to convince them she really hadn’t stolen anything because the reason she had left was to walk with Lord Ingald. She fails with a 6.] Skarr bursts out laughing and the court audience does the same. [Reroll. Same goal. ] “Well, it is true. We had a very passionate night.” [An 8. A success.* and I now take Joss as a relationship, per the rules that allow it after a conflict.]

The way that she emphatically said it seems to have convinced the audience. Everyone is positively shocked. Lord Ingald having an affair with a non-human, a half-troll? Skarr looked like he wished he had never agreed to oversee this trial at all. Joss looked like he was feeling a mix of hurt and disappointment as if he’d caught her picking her nose with gusto. She empathized, Ingald was disgusting after all, but she’d have to deal with Joss later [sounds like another conflict].

Skarr quickly brought the court to order and called a mistrial. He cited a lack of real evidence. Then he chastised Greta for soiling the name of Lord Ingald with her “quite (ahem) unbelievable story.” His face showed unequivocally that he knew she was telling the truth (or at least, that he bought her story completely), but he wasn’t admitting that because it wouldn’t be the most politically wise thing to do. Skarr let Greta know, by the way, that insulting the reputation of the Lord of Kragg Keep was a punishable offense, but he was generously going to forego any charges against her as to avoid further insults to the dignity of Lord Ingald.

“The previous order for Ms. Greta to vacate the premises of Kragg Keep stand, and are to be made effective immediately. Court dismissed!”

People started to stream out of the building and Joss came to carry the order out again. Would she be able to convince him she had lied about the tryst between her and Lord Ingald? [goal as stated. Social Conflict. A 4 says she failed.] Joss wasn’t sure of what was the truth any longer. He could not rule out that she had indeed had an affair with Lord Ingald. “Not that it is any of my concern who you choose to lie with, Greta,” he said stoically.

“Listen Joss…”

“None of my business,” he cut her off. “Let’s go while there is still light out.”

As they made their way out of the court, she considered what to do. It wasn’t right to let Lord Ingald get away with his shenanigans unpunished. It was then that she decided she’d teach him a lesson. But how?

___________________________________________________________

Note: *[When she was making up the story about her and Lord Ingald, I was almost looking forward to a fail. Failing would have meant an Injury, and the Trolbabe text suggests an ‘injured self-esteem’ could be a thing for Social Conflicts. It would have been funny to have Greta feel her self-esteem wounded at having had to tell a lie about herself so vile for no benefit (since she finds Ingald disgusting). She won the Social Conflict, so the story didn’t branch that way.]
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 9

Postby AlexYari » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 am

A short scene using #weitingwithdice again, almost by accident because most of the action involved Trollbabe mechanics and failed conflicts (meaning player narration). I did forget to use the app to do the GM narration on the one reroll I won, because I forgot it wasn't supposed to be player narration. but it was a short line.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@


As they made their way through the street market from before, Greta was thinking that she needed a way to avoid leaving Kragg Keep.

"Joss, even if you don't believe me, you need to help me. I will prove everything to you."

[social conflict, clash by clash (2 successes needed. Goal: to get Joss to agree to help her get to Lord Ingald. A 2. Dammit]

"What you're asking cannot be done. Sorry Greta." His tone was stern, but not formal any longer.

"But listen, you don't even respect this man..." [roll is 9.] Joss seems to consider that point in silence.

"So what's the point of following his orders..." [A 4. Fail.] he replies, "Because he is the rightful ruler of this city. I'm sworn by duty to obey."

"What about justice, Joss?"
[a 2.]
"Seems to me you avoided unjust punishment and a bill. I'd say justice was on your side." Then, "whatever wrong you feel Lord Ingald has done to you, Greta...let it go. It's not worth it. I certainly won't be a party to whatever it is you want to do."

Greta was unhappy. Then, she tried one last request: "Then, just let me go at the first moment we're out of sight. You can tell everyone I betrayed you and knocked you out from behind." [a 7. No]

"I can't do that. What do you take me for?"

[social conflict. Goal: to slip away from Joss and get lost in the market. A 3. Grrr.]
"What the...not so fast, Greta! Stop being so stubborn." He said grabbing her before
She could get away. "Lets make this as painless as possible and get to the gates."

[Conflict fighting. Goal: to knock Joss out and make my escape.an 8???? another fail! ] she waited until no one else was around.

"Hey!" He says after she tried to knock him out by hitting the back of his head. She didn't hit him hard enough [inconvenienced].

"Sorry!" She winces as she does it again [1st reroll] when the horse stumbles over a loose cobblestone [a handy geographic feature] and distracts Joss. [reroll: another 8! Injured! Wtf, there goes my plan!] Greta takes another swing and falls off the horse when he ducks. Hits her own head hard and may have chipped a horn. She's a bit stunned by the hit. [injured]

"Greta, you are being a real idi-"

"Sorry, Joss! But there's no other way!" Another swing when he gets down to help her. [using Joss as the relationship. a 4, finally.] (she hits him square on the jaw, and she manages to catch him before he hits the floor hard.)

She rides off with his horse looking for the burned out building. She gets there and calls out to see if anyone lives there, so she won't scare them: [social conflict to interact (indirectly this time) with the idea of the burned out building, goal: to not scare anyone that lives there; fails with a 4.] A couple of street urchins and their parents leave the abandoned in panic. Hopefully they just figure her for one of the guards, but she might have to find a different hiding place from which to plan her next move.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I have to remember that Greta has to start her next scene Injured. However, depending on what's going on inside the burned out building, I may get a chance to have a recovery scene.
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 9b

Postby AlexYari » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:23 pm

I used the predictive text app in conjunction with #WritingWithDice while on the train. Then realizing that I wanted to also ask the mythic oracle whether those things were true, I went back over what I had already generated and ran the GM/predictive-text parts through the Oracle.

It was interesting, because a previous story branch that had already happened on the train was completely rejected by the Oracle, so I ended up with a completely different branch. This second branch was played more like how I had intended: generating Gm content with the predictive-text app, also guided by #WritingWithDice as a framework, and immediately running that content through the oracle. Random event keywords were fed to the predictive text app (the ios CreativeWriter app).

000000000000000000000000 Scene 9b 000000000000000000000000

The abandoned building was destroyed inside.
Odds: 19/95/100
Result: 14 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

In fact, it didn't look entirely stable.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 55 -- Yes
RANDOM EVENT: NPC action -- Assist/A representative

Greta supposed it was a result of a fire.

[Assist a representative behind the door.] Greta then saw that someone had been hinding behind a door.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 47 -- Yes

[He was surprised when yous said something] He said that he was surprised when she had called out to everyone in the building.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 11 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES
RANDOM EVENT: Move towards a thread -- Starting/Failure

[starting failure to keep pace] He wanted to flee too, but was not able to keep up with the others, as he froze in surprise.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 46 -- Yes

[He was a very old man. (very likely since he couldn't keep up with the other homeless people that were fleeing)] Plus he was old.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 66 -- Yes

[he was tall, lean and dark, with intelligent eyes. ] (self explanatory)
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 19 -- Yes

Greta told him she meant him no harm. He could stay if he wanted. She went to a different corner of the house, and sat herself down somewhere secluded to assess the damage to herself and try and sleep away the throbbing headache she was starting to feel. She chewed on some herbs that would be helpful in treating her headache along with some rest.
[He didn't bother me. ] The old man did not bother her
Odds: 19/95/100
Result: 75 -- Yes

[He too departed] after the others.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 28 -- Yes

[The rest of the night had come with nothing more than general business associated with the little creatures left in this building. ] The rest of the night was uneventful and only the noise of rats or mice scurrying around could be heard in the charred house.
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 27 -- Yes

[In the morning, she perceived the sound of voices in the front of [it]. The voices wondered if she was there. ]
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 33 -- Yes
RANDOM EVENT: NPC positive -- Violate/Weapons

[violate weapons awoke her before daylight] The clattering of swords outside violated the peace of her sleep just before daylight.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 59 -- Yes

Greta cursed under her breath. She would have to make an escape if she was to avoid an ugly fight. She would attempt to impersonate an old lady and convince them there was no Greta there.

[She found old moth-eaten garments, from the previous visit. ]. She managed to scrounge up some old moth-eaten garments from the previous inhabitants.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 52 -- Yes

to her surprise, [they fit exactly] they must have belonged to the old man, she mused.
Odds: 10/50/91
Result: 9 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES

[The clothes fit so perfectly that she looked even more attractive] (That's predictive text for you!)
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 81 -- Yes

She must not let them see her if she was to pass as an old homeless woman, she thought. [Goal: to pass as an old woman to the people she heard outside. A 6, means no.]


["You don't sound like any kindly old lady!"]
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 62 -- Yes

[They had come to look for her and it was only a moment before coming in] They let her know in no uncertain terms that they had come for her and it was only a matter of moments before they would come in to get her. The game was over.
Odds: 19/95/100
Result: 11 -- EXCEPTIONAL YES
RANDOM EVENT: NPC action -- Debase/The intellectual


[They debase the intellectual powers of evil.] Greta heard some of the people outside smugly talk about how dim some criminals could be.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 80 -- Yes

[Oh yeah? Let's see how smart they are. I will use social to bluff my way out of this jam. I will tell them that I have worked on a spell all night that will melt everything within 800 yards. Goal: to make them scatter so she can escape and lose them. An 8! I hope I don't regret it later.]

Greta mustered the most threatening voice she could and told them: "You puny so-called soldiers are starting to really anger me. I'm warning you: I have been working on powerful troll sorcery that will melt everything and everyone within 800 yards of this building, and I'm just about ready to unleash it on you all." She emphasized her point with a roar, "Grrr!"

[She heard them scatter in fear.]
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 52 -- Yes

[Then she escaped from the mad-house before they can reach her] Then she escaped from the abandoned home before anyone could catch up to her.
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 34 -- Yes

Greta knew that if she was to reach Lord Ingald she'd have to do it now. No more time to waste.

000000000000000000000000 history log with rejected results only 000000000000000000000000

there was nobody else there. It is very desolate. [rejected because of the random event "assist/a representative", which contradicts this that I had previously generated with the predictive text app]

[and went further into his room.] instead of fleeing, quietly went back into the room.
Odds: 13/65/94
Result: 82 -- No

[The clothes fit so perfectly that made her look older man] They fit so well that she actually looked like an old man in them.
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 95 -- No
Last edited by AlexYari on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 10

Postby AlexYari » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:44 am

This one is straight #writingwithdice (with predictive text, but no Oracle). I didn't really need to roll for interacting with the boy, since you can assume there are boys in cities. Meaning that I could have just written freely, but I think it makes for a more fun game to try and use the mechanics when interacting with new fictional characters or elements. Makes it feel more strongly like I'm roleplaying (or rollplaying) that way rather than just writing with constraints.

I left the predictive text as I generated it since I think it is pretty self-explanatory. If they're confusing, let me know (if anyone is reading at all). During the previous scene, though, I left something out which I had played in my head, and I think it's nice to put it in writing to clarify:

[The clothes fit so perfectly that she looked even more attractive] (That's predictive text for you!)
Odds: 17/85/98
Result: 81 -- Yes

She must not let them see her if she was to pass as an old homeless woman, she thought. [Goal: to pass as an old woman to the people she heard outside. A 6, means no.]


["You don't sound like any kindly old lady!"]
Odds: 18/90/99
Result: 62 -- Yes


What I imagined happening in my head was that Greta was trying to _sound_ like an old lady without letting them see her. The exact line was "There is no half-troll here. I'm just an old beggar trying to stay warm. Leave me alone!" No wonder they weren't convinced. :)


00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Scene 10 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Greta does not expect to make it to Lord Ingald's Keep without any opposition. There will likely be guards protecting the way there.

On the streets, [only a little boy lay in her way. He's awfully anxious. He approached her after hearing her feet. ]

"Don't be afraid." [Social conflict. Goal: to calm the little boy and get his story. Failed. Inconvenienced.]

He lets out a scream after realizing it was the monster the panicked guards from before had said would destroy the city.

[Reroll. A sudden ally: Fergus out of nowhere.]

"Greta! I finally found you. Kid! Hold on!"

[a 10.GM narrates]

[The little boy stops and asked them if they were married. ]

"No!" Greta laughed congenially. "Fergus is a friend of mine." [I take the little boy as an ally.] "What's your name?"

"Gunnar." [Just picking a name from the principles list of human names.]

"Gunnar, would you like to be my friend?" she asked.

"OK," said the little boy [as he advanced carefully in her direction. ] Greta extended her hand for a shake. [He smiled and took it.] (This all falls within the mechanical rule of taking relationships, I believe.)

It was then that [Fergus told Greta that after she had raised] hell [at the house, the general had raised a whole body of guards. She had to go.]

"It's not possible. I've gone through too much trouble already to give up." She knew she was being stubborn, and perhaps petty, but Ingald deserved what was coming to him. She had no idea how she'd get close to him.

She quietly considered that perhaps she could enlist Fergus and Gunnar in some fake hostage scheme to stay the guards she expected to find at the keep (assuming the army the general had raised didn't get to her first). But, did she really want to expose them to danger like that? No, she'd go it alone.

[He (Fergus) protested again that she was in great danger]

"Fergus, I've made up my mind. You can either help me or hinder me." She paused and then asked him to take Gunnar with him and go wherever the population had gone. She assumed that he had parents and they were worried sick about him. [Social conflict. Goal: to get Fergus to agree to what she just asked him. A 6. Failed.]

[I won't leave you.]

She looked at him with annoyance, but realizing that he was firm, she said. "Fine."

[The boy asked if they were leaving him.]

Greta considered it, and thought he might be safer with her for now. She asked them to lead them to the keep, but to take the least direct way.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000History Log00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I assume they will take her since they won't leave her. I've decided I won't call GM side conflicts, unless somehow the GM output suggests it. Like, if instead of "I won't leave you." The predictive output had left me no choice but to say "I won't let you", I would have probably called a conflict against Fergus. Would have been interesting as it would have made it two occasions in which Greta got into fisticuffs with people who are the closest to being her friends.

I am also running out of re-roll options. I also need to name the general, who might very well be the same unnamed guard leader that I had encountered earlier. Though I don't think a general with the authority to raise an army would be doing the grunt work of checking out travelers that come to Kragg Keep, so it must be someone else. It's a perfect thing to put to the Oracle, I guess.

I'm wondering if I'll have to go ahead with a fake hostage threat once I get to Ingald's keep, or if there will be something more subtle I could do. Assuming there's no opposition getting there. If there isn't, then this scene fulfills the "Approaching The Innermost Cave" stage of the Hero's Journey structure. If not, it means this fits better in the TEST/ALLIES/ENEMIES stage. I'm trying not to assume what stage a scene is beforehand, but I'm trying to classify them afterwards so I can locate where I am "in the map" so to speak.


I'm also noticing that the use of Oracles has become more optional to me than using the #WritingWithDice + predictive_text combination. Part of the problem is the form factor of playing in mobile where sometimes the browser refreshes and you lose all the stuff you had generated in the Oracle logs.

But it's also true that sometimes I'm in the mood for having that extra layer of unpredictability that the Oracle adds, and sometimes I'm not in the mood for it. The #writingwithdice / predictive_text combo feel like they add enough uncertainty during those times. Maybe I'm just fickle.
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 11a

Postby AlexYari » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:47 am

During session 9a, I accidentally ignored the new relationship harm rules. I also used my relationship with Joss in a re-roll against him. I am not sure if that is allowed in the rules.

I'm also deciding to cheat this time, and uncheck that relationship reroll. I am allowed to do it immediately after a conflict, but I forgot.

On the solo roleplaying front, I also decided to test a new (?) idea where I try to drive events via the actions of the PC. I try to explain it in this post:


ripples-in-a-pond-t37.html

My rule is that I allow myself to write out up to three "ripples" after I throw a "rock" (i.e. take an action as a PC, which can be 'fictional positioning' or rpg mechanical action).

For this session, I forwent the use of the predictive text iOS app. http://solorpggamer.blogspot.com/2016/1 ... s-app.html


I wanted to see what it felt like to "wear the GM hat" (as solo roleplayers put it), knowing that I was limiting my output with this rule (3 ripple max). I feel like it made it tolerable, as it made me go back to the PC POV more often, and gave the session more of a gaming feel.

One thing I realized mid-session is that in actual play, I can't just focus on ripples moving forward from the latest PC action (i.e. I can't just ignore ripples from past events). Yet, I can't "throw a rock" back in time, so what to do about past ripples that might reverberate into the present? I want to stay in-character pov, as much as possible, so I decided that if I think of a possible chain of events extending into the present, so does my character. In order to keep within the "rock"--> "ripple" framework, I decided that my character needs to take some sort of action related to it.

So, here is the other rule of thumb:

if she wishes to avoid a consequence stemming from past "ripples", she must take action in the present to prevent it if mechanics cover the action, then it is a test. If there is no possible action she could take in the present, or if the action fails as a test, then the chain of events materializes into the present as she expected it to happen.

If she is neutral to the chain of events, it happens as the PC would have expected it, if the causal logic is sound.

In the case that she wants some chain of events to materialize, she needs to start that chain of events from the present, since you can't take action in the past (unless somehow time travel is feasible in the game).

This worked reasonably well for this scene, but will need more play testing.

Of course, an oracle could take care of this in a different way, but this way forces me to be in character.

PC output is bracketed with "_" characters. GM output is bracketed with "~" characters.

##############

[reminder to myself: I've already used the following for my rerolls:
- handy geographic feature
- sudden ally
- relationship with joss (unchecked) ]

_Greta and her companions set out to the Keep using an indirect route that little boy knows._ (rock)

~Even though he won't let her go alone, Fergus complains that she's insane as they make their way through back alleys and side streets. Greta is carrying Gunnar on her shoulders as he holds on to her horns and tells her where to turn, etc. (Ripple 1.A)

They get to a "Y" fork... ~(Ripple 2)

Greta taps Gunnar on the knee, asking: "which way, sweetheart?" (Rock)

~Both streets are lined with houses. The right one leads to intersections, but the one on the left leads to a square. (Ripple 1.A)
"Left," says Gunnar. (Ripple 1.B)~

_Now, Greta knows that they might still be looking for her, because of the threat she made on top of everything else [a chain of events extending into the present]. so she is doing her best to get to the Keep while avoiding all soldiers hunting for her by trying to spot them before they spot her. [desired goal]

[social conflict, whole thing because a single failure means I could not avoid all. 2, fail] (rock)_

~A group of soldiers enters the plaza at the same time Greta and her group do. (Ripple 1.A)~

_Greta and her group try to run away (rock)_

~and a chase through the streets ensues (ripple 1.A).~

_"Hold on tight, Gunnar!"

Greta feels like this is just going to attract more attention so she needs to lose this group of soldiers (goal) [conflict social, 3 lost]_ (rock)

~The soldiers stay on her tail. (Ripple 1.A)

They are demanding that she stop in the name of the law. (Ripple 1.B)

This has attracted the attention of more soldiers. (Ripple 2.A)~

_Greta is pretty sure that if this keeps up, they will be surrounded. She asks Gunnar to continue directing them to the Keep and she'll do her best not to be surrounded before they reach the Keep. Gunnar does. [goal: avoid being surrounded, social conflict. A 2, fail.]_

~Despite their best efforts, they are surrounded before they can reach their destination.~(Ripple 1.A. )

they order them to surrender (Ripple 2.A)~

_she knows that Fergus will be in trouble, and there is no guarantee they would excuse Gunnar for being a child. She will try to trick the guards into thinking she had entranced them with some troll magic.

Doing some theatrical movements over them, she said: "I release you from my spell as you are no longer of any use to me," [social conflict. Goal: bluff the guards into thinking Fergus and Gunnar were ensorcelled into doing her bidding. 5, they didn't buy it. I take Fergus as a relationship.]_ (rock)

~"Enough of your games. You are all under arrest. You, for disobeying a lawful order, attacking one of the guards, and making threats to the wellbeing of the city dwellers and property." To her companions, he said: "You were with her, so you will be treated as accomplices."~( Ripple 1.A.)

Fergus looks at her expectantly as if asking what her plan B is. Gunnar is about to start crying out of fear.~(Ripple 2.A)~

_"We demand to see Lord Ingald." Says Greta [a desperate move on her part, and on my part to avoid a repeat of being taken to jail or thrown out of the city (goal). Social action. Series: action by action. First roll: a 6, which is a fail.]_ (rock)

~"You're in no position to make demands." (Ripple 1.A)~

_ "But you really should take us to see him. Wouldn't he want to deal directly with me once and for all?" Greta asks. [second roll: 3, second fail.] (rock)_

~"That's ridiculous."~ (not a very creative Ripple 1.A...)~

_"No, it's not! Think about it." [third roll, an 8. First success. ]_(rock)

~"perhaps she's right," some other soldier chimes in. (Ripple 1.A)~

_"This man is using his head," she says. "Of course Lord Ingald would want to deal with us directly. This is your chance to handle this right." [fourth roll. A 3. Third fail]_ (rock)

~"Don't be an idiot," said the original soldier. "Can't you see she's trying to trick us? She's going to prison like before." They are then hauled off. (Ripple 1.A.)~

[Groan. Nooooo! Boring. But that's where the rolls went.]


#############
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

Scene 11b

Postby AlexYari » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:49 am

I had the previous scene write up ready for a while, but I was also very stuck about what to do next. Out of character, I did not want a repeat permutation of the prison and court scenes as that would be boring. In character, I did not want to be taken prisoner either.

I wanted to try fighting, with a goal to escape, but was unsure about the Scale being right. But seeing as I'd already tried a social conflict with these soldiers, I decided fighting them would be OK too scale wise. I'm still not sure if the conflicts (fighting or otherwise) against the soldiers were OK at the current scale. Any input on that particular aspect of the Trollbabe rules is welcome.

Since my ultimate goal is to make it to the Keep to try and keep things moving, I decided to end the previous scene where I did, and continue in a new scene. The reason being that I'd already failed that goal, and you can't try for the same goal in the same scene. It felt a bit like cheating, but whatever.

A bit of tally keeping: Thus far I’ve taken Joss, Gunnar and Fergus as relationships. Gunnar and Fergus are allies. I think Joss fits the description of ‘lover’, since it is more complicated with him (not quite an ally so far, yet not an adversary).

########

_As they're escorting them, Greta decides that she can't let them take her companions, so she will have to hurt the soldiers [goal: to escape the soldiers. fight conflict, a 1 which is a success. ]_ (plop)

~[the guidelines in trollbabe say that fighting means hurting, incapacitating and even killing. Since I didn't specify how we were to escape, I think it might be appropriate to be harsh here and give Greta something to feel guilty about. Throw a complication, I guess.]

Greta may not have wanted to hurt anyone badly, but as the soldiers went after her furiously, she had no choice but to use deadly force. About three soldiers out of the nine (random roll for color) lay dead from the blunt trauma of her strikes (I can't help but imagine her as a mix of a big Uma Thurman with the force of Bruce Lee in The Chinese Connection). The rest are on the floor groaning from their broken bones and internal injuries. [This adventure just took a rather grim tone, like some action-comedies, I guess.] (Ripple 1.A)

Fergus and Gunnar look awed and fearful simultaneously. Whether they are fearful of her or the escalation of events she can’t tell, but she can see in their eyes that they still consider a friend. (Ripple 1.B)~

_[Goal: Let’s try to get into the Keep again without running into anyone. Social conflict: an 8, finally!]Greta hoists Gunnar in her arms and after gently making sure he was OK, she asked him to lead them again to the Keep._ (plop)

~This time around they made it through the back alleys and side streets as close to the Keep as they could. There, in a dead end alley, was a big drain with a latticed network of bars on it acting as a barrier. The gaps were big enough for a small boy like Gunnar to squeeze through with some effort. He told Greta that it led to an exit near the herb garden next to the kitchen. (Ripple 1)

_ Greta thought to herself that Gunnar was a naughty, adventurous boy. Perhaps that was how he got lost when his parents were evacuating.

[Fighting conflict to rip the barrier off. I could have probably assumed Greta did it, but it was more fun to have it be uncertain. A 2.] Greta rips the network of bars from the drain so that she and Fergus can fit._

~They all get in, while Fergus again tells Greta that she should think it over and just make her way out of the city while she still can. (ripple 1.A)

_she puts the bars back leaning just so. “Too late. We’re already here.”_

~[I’m assuming per the ally rules that he’d follow anyway, since they’re always available for a re-roll.] “I’ve never thought I’d meet anyone more stubborn than my goat. I may as yet name her Greta.”~

_”Funny, haha," She said ironically, and hit his earlobe with her finger by flicking it. "Stop complaining and let’s go.”_

~Gunnar stifled some giggles while Fergus mumbled under his breath about 'no respect'.*

###################

*[Now I can't help but imagine Fergus looking like Rodney Dangerfield. Not a bad thing.]~
AlexYari
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:40 am

PreviousNext

Return to Actual Plays

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
suspicion-preferred